Join Our Team! Search Open for Outreach and Communications Coordinator
The Maryland Transportation Institute at the University of Maryland, College Park invites applications for the full-time position of Outreach and Communications Coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for assisting the MTI and the Center for Multi-Modal Mobility in Urban, Rural, and Tribal Areas (CMMM) in managing research programs and projects; identifying and distributing funding opportunities to affiliated members, labs and faculty; leading MTI and CMMM outreach and communication efforts, publicizing MTI research projects and products; and coordinating outreach to federal/state/local governments and the private sector.
- Lead outreach, marketing and communication efforts for CMMM and MTI. Organize outreach events that engage various constituents and stakeholders in the public and private sectors, especially outreach to federal and state governments.
- Lead MTI and CMMM communications in the provision and dissemination of research news and research products through various outreach activities, press releases, publications, websites, and social media.
- Assist the MTI and CMMM Director in briefings to federal and state leaders and other partners
- Maintain contact lists for stakeholders and contacts at conferences, workshops, meetings, and events.
- Coordinate competitive funding competitions, research program, and project related activities for CMMM.
- Facilitate links between MTI affiliates, CMMM partners, and potential/current sponsors
- Create and distribution of large scale electronic mailings related to MTI and CMMM research and outreach (newsletters, quarterly reports, annual reports, etc.)
- Coordinate monthly seminars, committee and annual meetings, attend conferences as a representative of the MTI and CMMM.
- Work with UMD state and federal liaisons to arrange outreach meetings with state and federal officials.
- Search federal and other funding opportunity announcement databases weekly, identify and distribute funding opportunities to MTI and CMMM affiliates.
- Discuss project related activities and objectives with project teams, summarize research programs quarterly and annually for institute publications.
- Identify and develop new relationships with internal stakeholders, community engagement, and build on existing external partnerships.
Requirements for the position include a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (experience can be substituted on a year for year basis), three years of professional experience related to project management, outreach, or marketing/communications, and previous experience working in higher education, research project sponsor agency, and/or transportation industry.
For complete details about the position and/or to apply, visit this page.
Published September 5, 2023